Avid lover of all things coffee like us? Then you should definitely be celebrating National Coffee Day, 29th September, and making yourself one of these classic cups!
We have come together to share some of our favourite coffee drinks so whether you like a plain old and simple Americano or a Low Fat Iced Caramel Latte with Coconut Milk, we will have something here for you to try and love!
Ingredients for 1 super creamy whipped coffee
2 tbsp instant coffee
2 tbsp sugat
2 tbsp boiling water
Milk (we used coconut milk but any milk will do)
- Add hot water, sugar and instant coffee to a bowl
- You can use either an electric mixer or a hand whisk (if you’re feeling particularly strong) to whisky the mixture until it’s fluffy and light.
- Hold the bowl upside down over your head to check if it’s thick enough ;)
- To serve, spoon a dollop over a cup of milk and ice and stir
If you aren’t keen on coffee then don’t worry because this technique also works great with matcha or cocoa powder to make the perfect Frappuccino dupe since we can’t get our Starbucks hit.
Iced Coffee Protein Shake
1 Frozen banana
1scoop of your favourite vanilla protein powder
We don’t have a specific way to make this shake and by the sounds of it we all seem to make it slightly different but we do recommend that you make it to your own taste an own thickness preference 😊
If you also are not a fan of vanilla protein powder just swap it out for chocolate protein powder. The good thing about these coffee shakes is that there are literally no rules to follow and you can make them however you would like so go wild!
- 50ml Vodka
- 35ml Tia Maria or Kahlua
- 1 shot (25ml) of espresso
- Pour the vodka, coffee liqueur and espresso into a cocktail shaker. Fill the martini glass with ice to chill and then fill the cocktail shaker with ice as well.
- Put the other half of the shaker on top and give it a good tap to lock it in, then shake the living daylights out of it. You want the ice to smash up while chilling the liquid down; its what creates the frothy top. Try to use fresh-from-the-freezer ice, as melting ice is too watery and will dilute the martini.
- Once shaken, tap the side of the shaker to break the vacuum seal. Empty the ice out of the Martini glass, then place the strainer on top of the shaker and pour the contents through a sieve directly into the glass. Using the strainer and the sieve helps create a rich, smooth, froth.
Make sure and let us know how you got on with these recipes and if you would make any of them again! Better yet... if you have a coffee recipe you think we will love then get in touch!
Back to The Cycle Jersey Blog