Cheese lovers REJOICE! The Wensleydale Creamery cycle jersey is exclusive to The Cycle Jersey and is a fan favourite with its quirky, novelty design. There are two levels of novelty to this branded jersey as there isn’t just one but two! The more plain and simple Wensleydale jersey and then the quirkier cow print side panel jersey so there is a design for every mood.
Recently we have discovered that Wensleydale Creamery have an incredible recipe blog over on their website and we are OBSESSED! There are so many great recipes perfect for pre and post workouts to fuel those longer rides and tough high intensity interval training workouts.
We are slowly working our way through the recipes to discover our absolute favourites and have listed our top recipes so far below. If you want to see their full list of recipes then click HERE.
Serves 4 - Prepare in 10 mins - Cook in 15-20 mins
- Yorkshire Wensleydale Cheese
- 1kg of cooked pulled pork
- 8 tablespoons of siracha sauce
- 8 corn tortilla wraps
- 2 baby gem lettuce
- Cherry tomatoes
- 4 apples
- 4 tsps of smoked paprika
- 2 tbsps of Black Treacle
- 8 slices of streaky bacon
- Peel 4 apples, cut into wedges and then place on a tray. Cover with black treacle and sprinkle with smoked paprika
- Bake the apples at 180° C until they have gone soft and lightly caramelised
- Place the slices of streaky bacon in between two tightly fitting trays and bake in the oven for 10 mins at 180° C. Once crispy, remove from the oven and cut into small pieces
- Wash and chop the baby gem lettuce and halve cherry tomatoes
- Lightly toast the soft tacos in a griddle pan for approx. one minute on each side
- To assemble, spread the Sriracha sauce onto the toasted taco and place the little gem and tomatoes on top
- Add the pulled pork, caramelised apple and crispy bacon pieces.
- Lastly crumble over the Yorkshire Wensleydale and serve
Serves 4 – Prepare in 10 minutes – Cook in 20 minutes
- 250ml full fat milk
- 150ml stock (paste cube is fine or fresh if you have it)
- A good tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp cornflour, mixed to a paste with a little milk
- 100g Yorkshire Wensleydale cheese grated
- 50g Red Leicester cheese grated
- 50g Yorkshire Cheddar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Dried macaroni pasta (approx. 90g per person)
- Cook the pasta following the instructions on pack.
- Bring milk and stock to the boil, reduce heat and add the cornflour mixture.
- Allow to simmer for a minute or so; the sauce should be thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- Remove from heat and stir in mustard and grated cheeses (reserving a little of each of the cheeses to sprinkle on top).
- Drain the pasta and add to the sauce. Stir until well coated.
- Spoon into oven proof bowls and top with remaining cheese.
- Grill on a high heat until cheese is bubbling. Enjoy!
Serves 4 – Prepare in 5-10 minutes – Cook in 20 minutes
- 115g Yorkshire Wensleydale cheese, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 350g cauliflower florets
- 350g broccoli florets
- 1ltr vegetable stock
- 25g plain flour
- 2 tablespoons milk
- ½ teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 200g cream cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Heat the oil in a large pan and soften the onion.
- Add the cauliflower, broccoli and stock. Cook for 5-10 minutes.
- Blend together the vegetable stock, flour and milk and add to the cauliflower and broccoli mixture.
- Add the cream cheese and the Yorkshire Wensleydale and stir the soup over a gentle heat until the cheese is well blended and the soup has thickened.
- Season to taste and enjoy!