Stuck for pre-workout meal ideas? Well look no further because Nairn’s has you covered. They have really upped the anti when it comes to awesome pre and post workout meals with simple recipes to make sure everyone has the workout fuel they need.
Super simple overnight oats such as these are the perfect way to start the day or end your workout on the right foot. This recipe is also suitable for vegan, gluten free and dairy free diets.
- For the oats
- 3 cups of almond milk (other dairy free milks are ok)
- 5 cups of gluten free oats
- 3 tsp maple syrup
- 3 tbsp peanut butter
- You’ll also need
- 4 tbsp peanut butter
- 4 tbsp raspberry jam
- A handful of fresh raspberries
- 2 small jam jars (to serve)
- Place all your ingredients into a bowl and mix thoroughly together. Cover your bowl and
place in the fridge overnight or at least a good few hours.
- Fill a third of your jar with overnight oats. Then add your jam layer.
- Add another layer of overnight oats, then spoon 2 tbsp peanut butter on top. Top with
fresh raspberries and repeat if you’re making two.
- Finish with a dollop of overnight oats on top and a few fresh raspberries. You should have
plenty of oats left over which you can keep in the fridge for another day or to make more as
Looking for a pre-workout snack perfect to eat before hitting the gym then this is it! Super tasty and a perfect way to get a couple extra veggies into your diet.
- 1kg butternut squash, sliced into cubes
- 4 carrots, chopped
- 1 large red onion, sliced into quarters
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp oregano
- Olive oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Nairn's Original Gluten Free Flatbreads
- Pre-heat your oven to 200C
- Prepare the butternut squash by slicing into cubes, I keep the skin on but you can peel if you wish.
- Add the squash, chopped carrots, red onion, garlic, oregano into a large baking tray and drizzle over olive oil along with a large pinch of salt and pepper.
- Place in the oven for 35-40 minutes at 200C until it’s browning off
- Simply add all the ingredients to a blender and pulse until desired consistency.
- Top your Nairn's flatbreadsand enjoy!